SCRP works with local communities to:
• Engage with transport operators to help improve local rail services
• Organise projects that give the community a sense of ownership and pride in their railway stations and create a safe and welcoming place
• Encourage rural tourism and help to support local economies
• Work with schools and local councils to give young people the skills to travel safely and independently by train
• Encourage healthy, sustainable and accessible travel
• Produce award-winning guides to the train lines and local attractions
Our principal partners and funders are Southern, Great Western Railway, Southwestern Railway, Southeastern Railway and CrossCountry Trains, East and West Sussex County Councils, Surrey County Council and Kent County Council, Gatwick Airport and Network Rail. Our station improvement projects are delivered with the assistance of many volunteers, schools, businesses and local councils.
We are a member of Community Rail Network(CRN) and are accredited by the Department for Transport.
Our vision for community rail is that local communities become fully connected with their railway.